Rescue Organisation Ireland will host another Electric Vehicle Course for all emergency services personnel, in association with County Wicklow Fire Service on 2-3 September, following the success of the recent training programme at Bray Fire Station.
The Electric Vehicle Course includes the following:
– Emergency Services safety and personal protection
– Battery Technology and Charging Stations
– Development Vehicle Technology from the rescuer’s perspective
– Internal Space Creation Workshop
– EV Fires
– EV Risk Assessments for Fire, Crash and Flood
– Electric Vehicle walk through and identification
– Using Technology on scene
Places are limited to ensure COVID social distancing compliance. COVID testing will be performed at the beginning of each course and mask wearing will be required for group work.
According to the ROI, further courses will also take place in fire stations in Nenagh and Sligo soon, and dates will be confirmed in the coming weeks.