Prague is the setting for this year’s ‘112’ Award Ceremony and Conference on 6 April, which again will highlight the major contributions made by emergency services agencies and individuals throughout the EU in saving lives and, in particular, promoting the European emergency number ‘112’.
‘112′ AWARD CATEGORIES
- Outstanding Call-Taker/Dispatcher and Rescue
- Outstanding Citizen
- Outstanding Emergency Services Innovation
- Outstanding International Co-operation
- Outstanding Change Management Initiative
Winners will be awarded on the first day of the EENA Conference 2016 (6-8 April). The conference topics are as follows:
- Role of the media during emergencies: Experience of public authorities regarding the use of the media during emergencies.
- Customer Service in a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP): Should a PSAP adopt some customer service strategies when dealing with emergency calls?
- Mobile Control Rooms: The technical and operational challenges of implementing a mobile control room during large-scale events.
- IMS and 112: The role of IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) in the future handling of emergency calls.
- Handling Big Data Efficiently and Effectively: How big data should be managed and optimised.
- UAV Deployments: Case study examples of UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) deployments.
- Weather-based Emergencies: Preparing and responding to weather-related events.
- New Sources of Intelligence in Emergency Handling: How things like wearable technology, body cameras, sensors are being currently utilised.
- Cloud-based PSAPs: Examples of use cases with a focus on overcoming the challenges.
For further information visit www.eena.org/