Irish College of Paramedics will host a one-day wellbeing event on Saturday 11 May, in association with UCC College of Medicine and Health at the Brookfield Health Science Complex, College Road, Cork, to address issues affecting the health and wellbeing of practitioners and responders.
The symposium is suitable for responders, EMTs, paramedics, APs, nurses, doctors, and speakers from Ireland and abroad will address topics such as health status, diet, sleep, stress, fatigue, mental health, exercise and retirement.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Alexander MacQuarrie, Senior Lecturer, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Gráinne Kent, Dietitian and PhD candidate, University College Cork
- Ann Payne, Consultant Psychiatrist, Cork University Hospital
- Alan Batt, Vice-President, Irish College of Paramedics
- Motty Varghese, Sleep Physiologist, Sleep Therapy Clinic
- Jennifer Reidy, Founder, Compassion Fatigue Ireland
- Sharon Gallagher, CISM Network